Remember, you cannot use any dictionaries or encyclopedias. No Internet or web research engines. Nothing. You may have one sheet of legal size paper and one number 5 pencil. Good luck.
1. Salvador Dali’s name is the source for what?
a. The musical “Hello Dali”;
b. New Dali, India, the capital;
c. The New York Original Dalicatessen;
d. The Dali Lama;
e. “Dali wanna a cracker?”
2. Sammy Davis, Jr., Susan D. Rice, Clarence Thomas and Kofi Annan, all have something in common:
a. Three of them are still living;
b. All used to sing back-up for Frank Sinatra;
c. All four played the role of Joe Louis for television;
d. They were all convicted burglars and drug peddlers;
e. All married Caucasians.
3. Elizabeth Taylor used to date an Iranian diplomat. What’s his name?
a. Shapur Bakhtiar. He was killed because he associated with a converted Jewess;
b. Akim Tamiroff;
c. Ardeshir Zahedi;
d. Prince Ali of Baghdad;
e. Ali Agha Gaga.
4. Alzheimer’s disease is best described as:
a. A cognitosteroidalmaculardisentropic condition;
e. A really rotten situation where people act stupid and can’t take care of themselves.
5. Jules Verne did not write this novel:
a. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea;
b. Journey to the Center of the Earth;
c. Mysterious Island;
d. Around the World in Eighty Days;
e. Myra Breckenridge.
6. Whose cuisine is hottest in terms of spices and peppers?
d. Indians (Subcontinent);
7. “Luca-Brazzi sleeps wid da fish” is the motto for whom?
a. Legal Seafood Company in Boston;
b. The television classic adventure series: Sea Hunt;
c. The Italian navy;
d. The Brooklyn Coast Guard Academy;
e. The fishermen of Sicily.
8. The American expression: “Put a little English on it”, means what:
a. Assassinate the offending WOG potentate;
b. Be cunning and devious;
c. Insult Frenchmen by using English words;
d. Twist a ball to make it turn when it touches a hard surface; (Put spin on it).
e. Take out any spices that might give the food flavor.
9. Which is the world’s most polluted river?
a. The Ganges;
b. The Saginaw River;
c. The Nile;
d. The Styx;
e. None of the above.
10. What object do Welshmen pin to their hats or foreheads to tell the world they are from Wales?
a. A Tom Jones LP;
b. Aged cabbage leaf;
d. Dead rats;
This weeks winner is entitled to a fully funded portfolio of stocks in Pan American Airlines, American Motors Corporation, E.J. Korvettes and Miracle Mart. Good luck!