THIRD POST – JUNE 1, 2012 – SYRPER’S WILDLY POPULAR WEEKLY BRAINTEASER. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE A DICTIONARY OR ANY ASSISTANCE. ANYONE WHO CAN PASS THIS TEST WILL HAVE USED SUCH INSTRUMENTALITIES AND WILL, THUS, BE DISQUALIFIED. WHILE A GREAT GRAND PRIZE AWAITS THE WINNER, THERE WILL BE NO WINNER BECAUSE THIS TEST IS TOO DIFFICULT FOR ORDINARY MORTALS.
1. “Victuals” are pronounced:
a. Fictuals. It’s really a German word;
e. None of the above.
2. The Beatles, to a man, are:
3. Who is universally considered to be the “stupidest” athlete of this and the 20th Century?
a. Gordie Howe;
b. Johnny Weismuller;
c. Mike Tyson;
d. Henry Cooper;
e. Lawrence Welk.
4. Who was known as “The Light of the Aryans”?
a. Adolph Hitler;
b. Mahatma Ghandhi;
c. Thomas Alva Edison;
d. Mohamed Reza Pahlevi;
e. Omar Bashir.
5. Barsac, a wine from the south of France is:
b. Medium sweet;
c. Light with fruity tones and a full tannin finish;
d. Red with woody notes accompanied by plums and kumquats;
e. Sooty with aftertaste of sheep manure.
6. There is a grape wine made in Pago Pago, what is it called?
b. Polynesian Pauillac;
c. BoolaBoola Bali Hai Tonic;
e. Pago Stick.
7. The greatest cause of death for Iraqi presidents since Independence is:
a. Dodging bullets;
b. The noose;
c. Trap doors;
d. The axe;
e. All the above.
8. In the movie, Mars Attacks!, what finally killed the alien invaders was:
a. American cooking;
b. English cooking;
c. Watching baseball games;
d. Watching golf;
e. Listening to American country/western music.
9. Barack Obama is related to Mitt Romney by one very important factor, what is it?
a. Obama is a practicing Mormon when he’s not going to Protestant churches;
b. Obama’s mother is Mitt Romney’s great grandaunt;
c. Mitt Romney slept with Obama at Harvard;
d. Both Romney and Obama were Affirmative Action freshmen;
e. Both Romney and Obama are charlatans.
10. Dom Perignon is to French Champagne what Prince Hamad of Qatar is to…..?
e. Child molesting.
Don’t forget: it’s impossible to pass this test without cheating, so, don’t expect any prizes.